Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ALICE IN CHAINS VISITS DENVER



Alice in Chains plays in Denver?? Aren’t those the grunge metal guys from the 90’s?...Are they still around?...



These were questions that we asked of me this last week when I told fellow music fans and friends that I was headed to the show. With their comments lingering on the back burner of my mind I was a bit skeptical.



When I showed up on that Cold winter evening at the legendary Fillmore Auditorium, I was struck to see so many music fans stoked to see this show. The buzz in the room to those who haven’t seen the band in years was, how do they sound after a few years off and with a new lead singer after the passing of their original Singer, Layne Staley in 2002. The band came back together in 2005. Since then William Duvall , has become the bands lead vocalist. This band has a tight polished sound. a polished tight sound.



After I photographed the first three songs of the show then decided to mingle with my fellow music fans. Even though this was my first Alice and chains show I quickly realized that I was not out of place. Singing along with much of their known favorites such as “man in the Box”, “Rooster” and one my favorites “ Would” … At the same time noticing that the rest of the Fillmore was also following along with.!




Yep these guys are still around... And Rock'n


Awesome!




Photos and post by Stu Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment