Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best memories of 2009

Best memories of 2009

2009 is almost out of here so here are my fave memories of 2009 of my weird little existance on this planet. Please, please, please let me know what yours are.

Top Memories of 2009

1) The after party at the Kansas City Mayhem. The list of memories from this 3 hour slice of my life is legendary. Jager with mega stars and talking shop with legends. And actually talking to Jeanne Sagan of All That Remains for 15 minutes. She is THE HAWT!!!

2) Drunken Karaoke with Nathen Maxwell singing "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" and almost…almost starting a riot.

3) Knocking over the waitress as I ran over to Matchbox Twenty's dinner table to say hi at NAMM.

4) Signing the backstage wall at Red Rocks right above Santana when last year they wouldn't even let me see it.

5) Getting spit on 3 times by Marylin Manson in front of 20,000 people in KC.

6) Howard Jones of Killswitch Engage grabbing the camera and filming the crowd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFKx_jpNWXM

7) New Years Eve with Flogging Molly at the Fillmore. Set the tone for an amazing year. Cheers!

8) Getting kicked out of the lunch line between Bullet For My Valentine and Trivium at Mayhem cuz I didn't know you needed a lunch ticket. Their "You Dumbass!" looks were priceless!!

9) The Escape The Fate interview. I had no idea it was going to take off like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbxKssVm-gE

10) The after parties at NAMM. DEAR GAWD!! You have to see them to believe them. You will get rock star burnout.

11) MCing all the events this year especially at the Gothic. I love the shit out of making a thousand people go nuts.

12) Being on channel 2. Even though it was the ghey.

13) The whole Indie 101.5 experience.

14) Doing 8 interviews, on 8 different tour busses, in 11 days. And then talking to the bands about prices and how to work deals for my future bus: The Duggernaut!

15) Realizing the guy I'm drinking beers with at The Glenn is Andy Keaton from Family Ties. This was before the "Beating people with a chair" incident.

I have no doubt that as a united music scene we will destroy 2010. Lets set the standard for the entire nation and continue to launch our brothers and sisters and ourselves into the national spotlight. Cheers!

Groovey

1 comment:

  1. Man what a year buddy! The Groovey/CMB Machine is alive, and hey jealously is just a form of flattery - take that you you tube posers!

    ReplyDelete